FAQ  |  Zoeken  |  Gebruikerslijst  |  Gebruikersgroepen  |  Profiel header
header header
header header header header header header header
TORONTO -- While most of those in the stands undoubtedly rec

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    tupperware -> B. Kommen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 05-01-2019 01:35:14    Onderwerp: TORONTO -- While most of those in the stands undoubtedly rec Reageren met citaat

TORONTO -- While most of those in the stands undoubtedly recoiled when they saw Andersons Silvas gruesome leg break Saturday night at UFC 168 in Las Vegas, Steven Sanders had a different thought cageside. Air Max 97 Canada Wholesale . "The only question I had in my mind was how low down on the leg was the fracture," the UFCs orthopedic surgeon recalled in a media conference call Monday. "Because the level of the fracture influences my thinking as to what type of orthopedic device Im going to need to fix it. "But the minute it occurred, Im sitting there going Thats fixable." Amazingly, less than 48 hours after surgery to insert a titanium rod and three screws in his left tibia, the 38-year-old Brazilian was up on crutches, accorded to the surgeon. "Its amazing because I dont know if I would be able to do it that quickly," said Sanders. And the surgeon said Silvas question prior to the operation was when could he train again. Still the former middleweight champion is spending most of his time in his hospital bed, at this stage, with his leg in a posterior splint. "Hes behaving as anyone would who had just broke both their bones violently and then had a 11.5-millimetre-diameter rod stuck down the intramedullary canal of your tibia. It hurts quite a bit," Sanders said. The fighter is expected to stay in hospital for a few more days and faces a long recovery before he could compete in the cage again. But Sanders says Silva will eventually be able to resume mixed martial arts. The surgeon expects the fighters fractures to heal in three to six months, with a time frame of six to nine months before trying to resume training. "The expectation is positive," Sanders said. Silva (33-6) will be able to do some rehab work, to put some weight on the leg "in the near future as we get though this acute pain phase." Saturdays fight was stopped at 1:16 of the second round, with current middleweight champion Chris Weidman declared the winner as doctors attended to a writhing Silva. Silva broke both the tibia and fibula in his lower left leg kicking Weidman in the main event at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Weidman checked the kick, meaning Silva went bone-one-bone. His leg snapped about a third of the way up the tibia from the ankle, causing his essentially untethered ankle and foot to swing around Weidmans leg in an stomach-churning moment. Silva, who up until his upset loss to Weidman in July at UFC 162 was considered the top pound-for-pound fighter on the planet, collapsed in agony. Sanders called it "horrific pain." Sanders said Dr. Anthony Ruggeroli immediately realigned the limb and applied traction, helping prevent the injury from getting worse. Silva was stretchered outside the cage under the direction of Dr. Jeff Davidson and taken to a waiting ambulance, which transported him to University Medical Centre Hospital, a Level 1 trauma centre. The operation lasted about an hour, with the rod inserted into his leg at the front of the knee, with a screw at the top and two at the bottom to stabilize the bone. While the fibula was also broken, Sanders elected not to operate on that bone because it would have required an incision at the site of the break, opening Silva up to the risk of infection -- among other reasons. Sanders says the fibula could heal on its own, adding he saw no evidence from X-rays there was an predisposition to a break. The surgeon called Silvas fracture "fairly severe," given the fact that the skin was essentially holding the leg together. That means the tissues that normally surround the bone, and help with the healing, have undergone trauma. The soft tissue recovery is "more of a variable" than the bone repair, said Sanders. The injury, while horrific to watch, could have been worse, with Sanders listing off the elements of a worse case scenario -- a break near the joint, the skin breaking, tearing a blood vessel challenging blood supply to the foot. "Unfortunately in my line of work, things can always sometimes be worse," he said. That includes "limb-threatening" if the fracture compromises vascular support to the foot. Silvas dramatic injury -- which Sanders pithily described as "an abnormal bend in the leg at a place where its not supposed to bend" -- was "extremely close" to being much worse On the plus side, the straight nature of the break will help in rehab, since a spiral fracture can "unwind." And the surgeon said the rehab wont be as intense as when fighters injure knee ligaments. The titanium rod can be removed at a later date or can stay in Silvas leg, Sanders added. "For whatever reason, humans like titanium." Sanders has worked with the UFC for more than a decade and has practised in Las Vegas since 1991, working with boxers prior to MMA fighters. Sivas injury recalled that of Corey Hill, who broke his leg while throwing a kick that was checked by Dale Hartt on a UFC card in December 2008. Hill returned to action in January 2010 and has gone 4-3 since, although not in the UFC. UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon (Bones) Jones said Silvas injury will not change his approach to fighting. "No Andersons last fight will not change my psychology towards kicking at all, that was just an extremely unfortunate situation," Jones tweeted. Air Max 97 Canada Clearance .com) - Wimbledon runner-up Eugenie Bouchard notched a win, while second-seeded two-time champion Ana Ivanovic, third- seeded Australian Open runner-up Dominika Cibulkova and fifth seed Sabine Lisicki all exited the draw at the Generali Ladies Linz tennis event. Cheap Air Max 97 Canada . -- Jacksonville Jaguars rookie receiver Marqise Lee has agreed to terms on a four-year contract worth more than $5 million. http://www.cheapairmax97canada.com/ . The matchup will be made up in Minnesota at a later date. The arena was evacuated about 45 minutes before the scheduled 9:30 p.m. EST tipoff when a generator malfunction outside the arena sent smoke pouring into the building, according to NBA spokeswoman Sharon Lima.Chris Brunt has opened up to Sky Sports News HQ about his devastation at missing Euro 2016 because of a serious knee injury. The Northern Ireland and West Brom midfielder has revealed how he broke down in tears as he told family members the news that his European dream was over.Brunt ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament during West Broms 3-2 win against Crystal Palace and speaking at The Belfry, he described the moment a call from the West Brom doctor confirmed his worst fears. The scans the next day revealed it all and I was in a bad place on that Sunday afternoon, said Brunt, who was at home when the call came. Chris Brunt (left) opens up to Sky Sports News HQ reporter Paul Gilmour It was gutting. My wife was out and I phoned her but I had to hang up. I then phoned my mum and dad and ended up hanging up on them as well. It was just too emotional. Im pretty laid back and things dont tend to get to me, but that was tough to take.The blow is extremely unfair given senior Northern Ireland players, of which Brunt is one, view Euro 2016 as a once-in-a-lifetime reward following years of failed qualifying attempts. Brunt will have to watch his Northern Ireland team-mates this summer in France He added: Weve worked so hard. The games we qualified were great occasions. A few months down the line, things begin to build up [to the tournament]. Id booked for the family to come over to watch.There were the friendlies in March to look forward to and it has all been taken away with one innocuous moment. Im devastated about the games in the summer but its one of those things. Ill get my head down and get back as quick as possible.The 31-year old made his international debut 12 years ago, and in another cruel twist his operation took place in Lyon, just miles from Northern Irelands training base for the tournament. Manager Michael ONeill, attending a UEFA workshop in Paris, visited him in hospital. Brunt suffered his injury against Crystal Palace in February It was a bright point in a bad day, added Brunt. He said that whatever way Id like to be involved they would make it happen. Itll depend on rehab schedules at West Brom.Obviously I cant play in the games but Id like to go and experience it in some shape or form and support the lads who have supported me.The injjury occurred during a game in which West Brom fans visibly backed Brunt after he was struck by a coin, thrown from a section of his own support, the previous Saturday in an FA Cup tie at Reading. Air Max 97 Free Shipping. Brunt was struck by a coin thrown from a section of his own support against Reading It was a pretty good week, he joked. Thats done and dusted now. It was a strange one to be involved in, experiencing two sets of emotions - from anger to disappointment [in the space of seven days].In 10 to 20 years time, its one Ill look back on as a week Ill not want to remember.He was, however, full of praise for Albion supporters who raised money for his chosen charities in the aftermath of the coin incident. West Brom fans hold up a banner in support of Brunt It was a great gesture, a lovely gesture, he added. It wasnt something Id want to happen in the circumstances but at least something good came of it and it was great to get their support.He has also praised the clubs medical staff and the many well wishers for their messages. Brunt may now consider what impact this setback will have on his international career as he prepares to fully focus on club football in the coming years. Relive Northern Irelands journey through the European Qualifiers Also See: ONeill signs new NI deal Brunt out of Euro 2016 N Ireland fixtures Euro 2016 wallchart Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '
Citaat:
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    tupperware -> B. Kommen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: