FAQ  |  Zoeken  |  Gebruikerslijst  |  Gebruikersgroepen  |  Profiel header
header header
header header header header header header header
MONTREAL - Anthony Calvillo was hailed as one of the CFLs al

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    tupperware -> B. Kommen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 05-01-2019 01:49:54    Onderwerp: MONTREAL - Anthony Calvillo was hailed as one of the CFLs al Reageren met citaat

MONTREAL - Anthony Calvillo was hailed as one of the CFLs all-time greats as his No. Cheap Jordan 11 Canada . 13 banner went up on the wall at Percival Molson Stadium on Monday afternoon.The leagues all-time passing leader, who retired after 20 seasons in January, had his jersey retired in a ceremony at halftime of the Montreal Alouettes 40-9 victory over the Saskatchewan Roughriders.The crowd of 23,069 stood and cheered as Calvillo climbed onto a stage on the field with his wife Alexia, daughters Athena and Olivia and other family members. He was greeted by three teammates from his early years — quarterback Tracy Ham, running back Mike Pringle and fullback Bruno Heppell.He was the greatest quarterback the CFL has ever seen, Ham told the crowd.Calvillo is the 10th Alouette to have his number retired and the first since Pringle.These names are part of history and Ill be part of that history now, said Calvillo.His favourite receiving target, Ben Cahoon, was among a group who had recorded messages played on the scoreboard, including NFL passing leader Brett Favre, former Alouettes safety Barron Miles and Hall of Fame offensive tackle Uzooma Okeke.Favre told Calvillo Congratulations on a wonderful career. Well done, my friend.Calvillo, 42, announced his retirement after missing the second half of the 2013 season with a concussion suffered in a game against the Roughriders.He went out as the leagues all-time passing leader with 79,816 yards, including seven seasons of more than 5,000 yards. He threw for a career-best 6,041 yards in 2004.He also holds career CFL records for pass attempts (9,437), completions (5,892) and touchdowns (455), with only 224 interceptions.The Los Angeles native won three Grey Cups and was named the leagues outstanding player in 2003, 2008 and 2009.Calvillo is expected to join the Alouettes coaching staff in some capacity next season.Right now, the focus is on the Alouettes, he said. Ill be concerned with my future when the seasons over, but it will be in coaching and it will be here in this amazing city.An extended intermission saw the stage rolled onto the field for the 25-minute ceremony.The Alouettes players left their locker-room early to watch the end of it. They seemed to respond to the emotion of the day as they ran over the Roughriders in the second half, while newcomer Jonathan Crompton improved to 5-1 as a starter.Jonathan Crompton is winning, said Calvillo. Theres too high expectations on quarterbacks.It is difficult and challenging to win week in and week out. In his limited time, hes done a lot for himself and his team by winning games. Its encouraging.Luckily for me, I had Tracy there (when he joined the Alouettes in 1998). Not everything was on my shoulders. I had two years to learn how to be a consistent quarterback.Pringle told the crowd he hoped to return in a few years when Calvillo will certainly get into the hall of fame.Like all young players, we gave AC a hard time, but I saw a will to be out there on the field and a will to win and fight to be the best he could be, said Pringle. Thats what I wanted from the people around me more than anything else.Calvillo began his CFL career in 1994 with the defunct Las Vegas Posse and moved the next season to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.He signed with Montreal in 1998 to be Hams backup and took over the starting job in 2000.Ham said Calvillos success came from talent and hard work.Some call me his mentor, but I give Anthony all the credit, said Ham. I was just one of his teammates.I just passed on what was given to me about the CFL game from Damon Allen and Danny Barrett and Matt Dunigan. The Alouettes used the 13th of October to retire Calvillos jersey, following the lead of the Montreal Canadiens, who have matched the jersey with the day number in recent retirement ceremonies.Calvillos joins Virgil Wagner (7Cool, Herb Trawick (56), Sam Etcheverry (92), Hal Patterson (75), George Dixon (2Cool, Pierre Desjardins (63), Peter Dalla Riva (74), Junior Ah You (77) and Pringle (27) on the wall. Air Jordan Retro 11 Wholesale . Anderson shook off some unusually poor shooting and hit two clutch 3-pointers in overtime that carried the New Orleans Pelicans to a 111-106 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday night. Air Jordan 11 Retro Canada . The fourth-year guard from Carleton University kicked off his varsity career with rookie of the year honours in 2011, before racking up three straight Mike Moser Memorial Trophies for outstanding player. http://www.cheapairjordan11canada.com/ . "I have had no discussions with Chad Johnson or his representation," Popp said Friday in an email. However, he appeared to confirm a report on Twitter from TSN this week that Johnson was on Montreals negotiation list.TORONTO - Mark Buehrle eyes up a historic win Friday night when the Toronto Blue Jays welcome the Boston Red Sox to town for the opener of a three-game set between American League East rivals. Buehrle enters with a major league-best 0.64 ERA through four starts. He looks to become the first pitcher in the majors to reach five wins as well as the first Blue Jays pitcher ever to begin a season with five straight victories. "Hes just locked in right now," manager Jay Gibbons said. "He even admitted in spring training he hadnt felt this good in a long time. But he competes, hes a great competitor. "One thing about Buehrle is he pitches to win, he doesnt pitch for stats. You get guys in this game who pitch for stats. He pitches to win, and you need more guys like that." In his last start, Buehrle gave up just four hits in seven-plus shutout innings of a 5-0 win at Cleveland. Toronto will try to avoid its first three-game slide of the season after falling at home to Baltimore on Thursday, 11-4. While things have gone well so far this season for Buehrle, Bostons Jake Peavy is still in search of his first win. This marks the fifth time tthrough the rotation for the right-hander. Air Jordan 11 For Sale Cheap. He had given up a total of just four earned runs over his first three starts before getting tagged for five runs on a season-high 10 hits in 5 2/3 innings against Baltimore his last time out. However, Peavy has a 2.29 ERA over his last five starts against Toronto. Boston has lost three of its last four after Thursdays lopsided 14-5 setback to the division-leading Yankees. "Every team goes through slumps hitting, goes through slumps defensively," shortstop Xander Bogaerts said. "Its part of the game. Were definitely going to get better." On the injury front, outfielder Shane Victorino was activated from the 15-day disabled list on Thursday after missing the first 22 games of the season with a strained right hamstring. He played right field and batted second in Thursdays game and went 1-for-5 with a double. "This is something we have been waiting for. Shanes return will help solidify our outfield defense and also the top of the order," manager John Farrell said. "It is good to have him back in the lineup. Boston went 11-8 against the Blue Jays last season. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    tupperware -> B. Kommen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: