FAQ  |  Zoeken  |  Gebruikerslijst  |  Gebruikersgroepen  |  Profiel header
header header
header header header header header header header
-- Chase Utley stuck it to the Cubs again. [url=http

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    tupperware -> C. voor de tafel
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 14-01-2019 02:52:38    Onderwerp: -- Chase Utley stuck it to the Cubs again. [url=http Reageren met citaat

CHICAGO -- Chase Utley stuck it to the Cubs again. Nike Free Cheap Online . Its just what he does to teams when hes healthy and hitting. Utley went 3-for-3 and homered for the second day in a row, and Cliff Lee pitched seven scoreless innings to lead the Philadelphia Phillies to a 2-0 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday. "He looks good," Sandberg said. "Hes feeling good, hes in great shape and hes producing quality at-bats right now. Hes very healthy and he looks good." Dominic Brown drove in Utley for the Phillies other run with a single in the fourth inning. Lee (2-0) allowed 10 hits and had just one 1-2-3 inning. But it never felt as if he was in trouble. He worked on the edges of both sides of the plate and kept the Cubs hitters off balance. Four of his six strikeouts were called third strikes. "I still had to battle a little bit," said Lee, who won his first start of the season despite allowing eight runs in five innings. "They got their fair share of hits, but I was able to make pitches when I needed to. "Seven innings, no runs, Ill take that every time." The Cubs wasted another strong start from Jeff Samardzija (0-1), who allowed two runs on six hits in seven innings. He walked three and struck out eight. In his two starts, the right-hander has a 1.29 ERA with nothing to show for it, but said hes confident the offence will come around. "Absolutely," he said. "I see these guys working every day; I know what theyre doing. If it were a different situation, if I thought these guys were being lazy or this or that, obviously itd be different. But these guys come to work every day, doing everything we can. "Its early in the season, were going to keep going, keep pushing and figure this out." Utley ensured that Lee would take the mound with a lead when he cranked a 1-1 fastball from Samardzija into the right-field bleachers for a two-out solo home run in the top of the first inning. It was Utleys second homer of the season. Utley then led off the fourth with a walk, took second on a single by Ryan Howard and scored on a single by Brown to make it 2-0. Utley, who has been bothered by knee problems in recent years, showed how healthy hes feeling on the play. Browns hit was a liner to left-centre. Utley got a quick read on the ball and raced around third to score without a play. With Lee painting the corners, the two-run advantage seemed huge. The Cubs managed two hits in each the first, third and seventh innings, but couldnt produce a big hit break through - just like things have gone so far this season. NOTES: The Cubs confirmed that RHP Carlos Villanueva will make his scheduled start in Sundays series finale. Villanuevas status was in question because he used in relief twice during the opening series in Pittsburgh. He was losing pitcher in both, meaning hell take the mound for his first start with a 0-2 record and a 13.50 ERA. A.J. Burnett (0-0, 1.50) will start for the Phillies. The veteran RHP allowed one run in six innings in his first start of the season. . Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins was back in the lineup after missing the previous two games when he returned to Philadelphia for the birth of his second child, a daughter named Logan Aliya. . Utleys double in the eighth inning was the 300th of his career, which is eighth on the Phillies all-time list. Nike Free Clearance Online . "I knew it was gone. I mean, I felt it," the 2012 NL Rookie of the Year said. "I havent felt like that in a while. I havent got extension on a ball in a pretty long time. Nike Free Shoes On Sale .The Hamilton Tiger-Cat defensive back always has the required receipt. But he also walks around with a tangle of metal screws, rods and plates after breaking his neck in 2006 playing high school football in Louisiana. http://www.nikefreeuk.com/ . Toronto dropped a 7-2 decision to the Minnesota Twins on Wednesday afternoon, with only a pair of late runs preventing a second straight shutout loss. Josh Willingham belted a two-run homer in the first inning and Kendrys Morales hit a bases-clearing double in the seventh as the Twins took the rubber game of the three-game series. ARLINGTON, Texas -- Matt Harrison had quite a homecoming for Texas and the Rangers finally shut down the Colorado Rockies. Harrison combined with four relievers on a five-hitter to get his first victory since September 2012, in his first home start since April 2013, and the Rangers won 5-0 Thursday night after being overwhelmed by the Rockies the previous three games. "Its a huge team win for us," Harrison said. "I guess it will hit me more tonight as I get home. But it felt good to get a win after being so long off." Colorado had been the only National League team without a shutout loss. The Rockies, whose 22 wins are tied for most in the majors, had 50 hits and outscored the Rangers 29-5 the previous three nights -- the first two in Denver before the interleague matchup switched to Texas. Harrison (1-0) allowed three singles over 5 1-3 innings, with four walks and two strikeouts. The left-hander made his first home start since April 6, 2013, his last before two operations for a herniated disk in his back. Nick Martinez got out of a jam with a strikeout to end the sixth and Aaron Poreda got two outs facing only one batter. Jason Frasor and closer Joakim Soria both pitched an inning with two strikeouts. "Thats what theyve been giving us. They just hit a bad spell," manager Ron Washington said of his pitching staff. "Harry stepped up and kept them off balance and did a great job, and the bullpen came in and did the rest." Prince Fielder homered for Texas. Alex Rios snapped a 1-for-17 slide with a double in the second before scoring the first run, and also threw out a runner at the plate. Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado extended his hitting streak to 28 games with a single in the third. That broke the team record he matched Wednesday night, and is halfway to Joe DiMaggios major league record of 56 set in 1941. "My cousin was like, Dude, youre halfway! Im like, halfway?," Arenado said. "I feel like this has been forever. This is unbelievable." The Rockies had won the last four starts by lefty Franklin&nbssp;Morales (3-2). Wholesale Nike Free Uk. . He allowed five runs (four earned) with five strikeouts and three walks in six innings. Rios scored on a single by Leonys Martin, who went to second on a balk and came home when he stole third base and catcher Michael McKenrys errant throw went into left field. Fielders third homer was a towering solo shot in the sixth, an estimated 401 feet into the second deck of seats in right field. McKenry led off the Colorado seventh with a double, but that inning ended when he was thrown out trying to score on Charlie Blackmons fly to right field. After Rios threw home, catcher Robinson Chirinos made a sweep tag. Rockies manager Walt Weiss challenged the call, but the out was confirmed in New York after a review of about 2 1/2 minutes on replays that showed the tag was applied a split-second before McKenry touched the plate with his left hand. The Rockies had the bases loaded in the second before 20-year-old Rangers second baseman Rougned Odour, in his major league debut, made a nice play to start an inning-ending double play. Odor went to his left to snag a liner with two runners on to end the third. Arenados hitting streak is one game longer than teammate Michael Cuddyers 27-gamer last season. Arenados streak began April 9, a week before his 23rd birthday. "I was really more worried about winning," Arenado said. "Me having the mindset about me trying to help my team out and doing my job, I think thats what made me get it." NOTES: Rockies 1B Justin Morneau was a late scratch from the starting lineup because of a stiff neck. ... Odor was the youngest player in the Texas League, and at 20 years, 94 days became the youngest to appear in the major leagues this season. ... Odor and Luis Sardinas were called up from Double-A Frisco earlier Thursday, when 2B Donnie Murphy (strained neck) was put on the 15-day disabled list and INF Josh Wilson was designated for assignment. ... Martin has a 10-game home hitting streak. ... Blackmon made two errors in left field in the seventh, one fielding and one throwing. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    tupperware -> C. voor de tafel Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: