header header
header header
header header
header header header
    FAQ  |  Zoeken  |  Gebruikerslijst  |  Gebruikersgroepen  |  Profiel header
header header
header header header header header header header
uarterback Cardale Jones shocked the worl

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    tupperware -> G. ergologisch art & design
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 25-01-2019 06:19:37    Onderwerp: uarterback Cardale Jones shocked the worl Reageren met citaat

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Quarterback Cardale Jones shocked the world of college football with his play in starting three late-season games while leading Ohio State to the national championship. Jared Veldheer Broncos Jersey . He surprised a packed crowd again on Thursday, declaring at his old high school in Cleveland that he would return to the Buckeyes rather than jump into the NFL draft. My decision was very simple. I had to talk it over with my family, my friends, my coaching staff, he said. Im going to return next year for school. That sentence was met with audible gasps by many in the gymnasium. Then there was applause from students and teachers present. Jones, who spent a year at a military school and also had a redshirt season with the Buckeyes, could have turned pro. In his only college starts he led Ohio State to wins in the Big Ten title game, the Sugar Bowl and Monday nights national championship. Its everybodys dream and goal when they play football or any collegiate sport to make it to the next level, he said, wearing a grey T-shirt with his nickname 12 Gauge because of his uniform number and shotgun-like arm. At my point in my career, I feel like its best for me to go back to school. One of the most important things for me to do is graduate. When I make that decision to play in the NFL, I want to be done with school. I want to devote all of my time and all my effort to the film room and getting better at playing the quarterback position. Then, before several hundred people at the Ginn Academy, part of Glenville High School, he added: Thank all of you guys for coming out. I dont know why you guys made it such a big deal. Two months ago, almost no one knew who Jones was. On Thursday, his decision was broadcast live on ESPN. The cable networks draft guru, Mel Kiper Jr., said Jones could go as high as the second round of the draft. He, like many football experts, believed Jones, who recently became a father, would jump to the pros. The NFL, after three games, was really out of the question for me, Jones said. The decision was a big deal because of how the 6-foot-5, 250-pound redshirt sophomore played after taking over as Ohio States starter just before the post-season. Now, he will battle two-time Big Ten player of the year Braxton Miller, a graduate student still recovering from shoulder surgery, and this years quarterback of the year in the conference, sophomore-to-be J.T. Barrett (recovering from a broken ankle) for the starting job next season. I want to go back and compete for the spot, he said. I dont want anything given to me. Barrett led the Buckeyes all season after Miller reinjured his shoulder 12 days before the season opener, setting school records with 3,772 yards of total offence and 34 passing touchdowns. But when he was injured in the fourth quarter of the last regular season game, Jones took over in style. Jones threw for 257 yards and three touchdowns in the 59-0 Big Ten title rout of Wisconsin. He was named the game MVP. Then, in the Sugar Bowl against top-ranked Alabama, he ran for 43 yards and threw for 243 yards and a touchdown in a 42-35 victory. In the national title game, he continually was involved in big plays for the Buckeyes with his feet and his arm. He ran for 38 yards on 21 carries and a touchdown, plus completed 16 of 23 passes for 242 yards and a touchdown -- his lone interception coming when the ball bounced off a receivers hands -- in a 42-20 victory over Oregon. Jones, his family, mentor and high school coach Ted Ginn and Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer had met earlier on Thursday in Cleveland. Of course, you know, I want to play in the NFL, but I want the time to be right, Jones said. Just over two years ago, Jones infamously posted on his Twitter account that he hadnt come to Ohio State to play school but to play football. Now he has chosen to do both, when he could have been locked into the draft. Jones was asked what he would say to people who believe hes making a mistake. I cant say what I want to say to them, he said with a laugh. Its my life. I have to live it. Not them. Isaac Yiadom Broncos Jersey .Under the agreement announced Monday, the Cuban defector is guaranteed $68.5 million over six seasons.Tomas gets a $14 million signing bonus that is payable within 30 days of the deals approval by Major League Baseball, and then salaries of $2 million next year, $4 million in 2016, $6 million in 2017 and $10 million in 2018. Denver Broncos Jerseys . Szabados joined the Southern Professional Hockey League team last week. The 27-year-old goaltender from Edmonton backstopped the Canadian womens hockey team to Olympic gold Feb. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Case-Keenum-Jersey/ . -- Houstons All-Star tandem of James Harden and Dwight Howard refused to let the Rockets give in to fatigue. SEATTLE -- Seattle starter Hisashi Iwakuma added to his dominant streak against the AL Central. The All-Star right-hander struck out seven and walked none in eight innings to run his scoreless streak against division teams to 48 2-3 innings in the Mariners 1-0 win over the Kansas City Royals on Thursday night. It is the second-longest streak by any pitcher against one division dating to 1974. Orel Hershiser tossed 55 straight scoreless innings against NL West opponents in 1988. "Hes got a good two-seamer and his split was pretty much unhittable today," Kansas Citys Billy Butler said. "He was mixing a slider in there and had all three pitches working at any time. He was throwing them all for strikes." Iwakuma (2-0) scattered four singles and allowed only one baserunner to reach second in his second start of the season. Iwakuma, who began the year on the disabled list with a strained tendon on the middle finger of his pitching hand, bolsters a strong pitching staff that has helped the team win 11 times in the last 14 games since losing eight straight from April 15-22. "Hes getting better each and every time out," Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon said. "I think if you asked him, theres a lot more in there. Theres a lot of room for improvement, but that just goes to show how good he really is." Despite limiting the Mariners to just two hits and one run in six-plus innings, Danny Duffy (1-3) was the hard-luck loser for Kansas City. He has allowed two hits and a run in each of his first two starts this season after pitching out of the bullpen to begin the year. Both times he has been stuck with the loss. The Mariners pushed across the lone run in the third. Mike Zunino led off with a double for Seattles first hit and moved to third on a sacrrifice bunt. Marquette King Jersey. After a strikeout, Duffy intentionally walked Robinson Cano. Corey Hart followed with a run-scoring single up the middle that proved to be the difference. Seattle hitters have driven in runs three out of the six times opposing teams have intentionally walked Cano this season. "Offense didnt win the game, Kuma obviously was dominant," Hart said. "Any time a pitcher throws like that, you try to scrap any run you can get across, and one was enough. A guy throws like that, you hate to lose." Kansas City managed just four singles and advanced a runner to second base only once during the first eight innings. The Royals had their best opportunity to score in the ninth when Fernando Rodney walked two, but the closer struck out Butler and induced a game-ending groundout. Rodneys 10th save in 11 chances kept the Royals off the board for the 27th straight inning, a streak that dates to September 2013. "Our guys are grinders," McClendon said. "I think theyve proven that they know how to get back up off the mat, so to speak. This has been a tough month and a half for us in a lot of different ways, but I think when its all said and done, maybe were not as bad as people thought we were going to be." NOTES: Seattle LHP James Paxton, on the DL with a strained left lat muscle, played catch and is scheduled to throw a bullpen session Friday. ... Mariners RHP Taijuan Walker is scheduled to toss in the bullpen Sunday after playing catch on Thursday. Walker is on the 15-day DL with right shoulder inflammation. ... Royals 2B Omar Infante was not in the lineup for the second consecutive day due to back spasms. Manager Ned Yost said the team doesnt think Infante will have to go on the DL. Infante is day to day. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    tupperware -> G. ergologisch art & design Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: