FAQ  |  Zoeken  |  Gebruikerslijst  |  Gebruikersgroepen  |  Profiel header
header header
header header header header header header header
When it comes to balancing training with media obligations,

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    tupperware -> gadgets
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 01-02-2019 06:33:50    Onderwerp: When it comes to balancing training with media obligations, Reageren met citaat

When it comes to balancing training with media obligations, few mixed martial artists keep a schedule as hectic as Ronda Rousey. Marcus Davenport Saints Jersey . On top of pushing herself in the gym before each fight, the UFC womens bantamweight champion is never too far from the spotlight. In between bouts, Rousey has even taken to filling downtime with roles in films like The Expendables 3, Entourage and Fast & Furious 7. Going into her upcoming title defence against Canadian Alexis Davis in the co-main event of UFC 175 in Las Vegas Saturday, Rouseys once again running the press gauntlet. Though her packed timetable would be enough to make some fighters cringe, Rousey has a secret weapon working to her advantage. “I dont really do that well with downtime,” Rousey said during a recent media conference call. “So Im always in the gym regardless. A lot of fighters like to have their fight and then go chill out for a month or two. I get in trouble for sneaking back into the gym sometimes two days after a fight. Im just always in shape and always ready. I dont really like resting too much.” The cause of Rouseys desire to never stray too far from the gym is two-fold. Though there is nothing more satisfying than violently dispatching high-level challengers, this sensation is often fleeting for the California native. It doesnt take long before she once again gets the itch to compete. “The high after a win is what I enjoy the most, not sitting around and resting,” Rousey said. “I clearly only enjoy the rest while that high is still lingering. Its only so long that I can enjoy sitting on the couch and eating as much pie as I want before going to the gym and pressing repeat. I really need that big goal and obstacle to be excited about what Im doing.” On top of her competitive drive, Rousey simply knows that in order to stay on-point, she must fight frequently. She admitted to learning this the hard way, after a 10-month layoff prior to her December bout with Miesha Tate resulted in some unwanted ring rust. “We dont really have the luxury boxers have where, if the champion takes a long break off, they can have a tune-up fight to get ready for another big title fight,” Rousey said. “I just have title fights to keep from getting that ring rust.” Next on her hit list, Rousey aims to net her fourth consecutive title defence by besting Davis. Currently riding a five-fight win streak — three of which have come under the UFC banner — Davis has flown under the radar somewhat and could offer tough opposition wherever the fight may go. Rousey said she isnt taking the Port Colborne, Ont. native lightly. “Alexis is definitely the most well-rounded fighter Ive ever come up against,” Rousey said. “Shes one of the most experienced and her coaching (staff) is some of the best Ive ever come up against. “I think the greatest challenge is: whatever tools she does have, I know that shell use them in the most intelligent way possible. Being that she is well rounded, she has a lot of tools to pick from.” Perhaps the most intriguing aspect of the bout will play out once the action hits the mat, as Davis is arguably the most experienced ground fighter Rousey has ever been paired up against. As well as sporting a Muay Thai striking background, Davis holds black belts in both Brazilian jiu jitsu and Japanese Jujutsu. A 2008 Olympic judo bronze medalist, Rousey said she aims to represent her discipline and secure bragging rights by taking out Davis. “When I first started watching MMA that was one thing that pissed me off so much, everyone assumed that everything would beat judo,” Rousey began. “Everyone would be like, Any wrestler can beat a judo player. Any jiu jitsu player can beat a judo player. I was just really annoyed by the complete lack of respect that the sport got. I see that changing definitely. “You can definitely get away without having any ground game in judo, but if you are the type of person ... that can submit people in judo — I mean, youve only got a couple seconds to make that work. If youre the type of person that does actually make it work on the ground in judo, youre one of the best in the world. Im happy to really get the opportunity to showcase that.” Should she get the job done against Davis, Rousey said she plans on taking a much-needed break. However, it will remain to be seen whether she can enjoy her time away from the cage. “Id like to fight again on New Years and take a little break before then,” Rousey said, “but the UFC knows if theres an emergency or they need me, Ill step up on 24-hours notice.” Marcus Davenport Jersey . They actually finished with a better record in ‘07 than they did in ‘06 but only marginally, going from 61 victories to 66. Kurt Coleman Jersey . Virtanen opened the scoring at 6:45 of the first period, then gave Canada a two-goal lead with a power-play goal 1:03 into the second. Sweden cut the lead in half when Daniel Muzito Bagenda scored a power-play goal at 10:57 of the second. http://www.saintsrookiestore.com/Saints-Tre-Quan-Smith-Jersey/ . "This doesnt end anything," he said. "Weve got 10-1 in our last 11 games, and were going home in first place. We just have to keep playing the way we are right now.MIAMI -- Josh Donaldsons two-out RBI single scored the go-ahead run from second base in the 14th inning, and the Oakland Athletics beat the Miami Marlins 7-6 Saturday. For the second game in a row, the Athletics won despite squandering a 4-0 lead. They also overcame a blown save by Sean Doolittle, whose streak of 26 2-3 innings ended when Miami scored the tying run in the ninth. Jeff Francis came on with the bases loaded and one out in the bottom of the 14th to earn his first career save. He struck out Jarrod Saltalamacchia, and Donovan Solano flied out to end the game. AL West leader Oakland has won three in a row and is 6-1 in interleague play. The Marlins have played five games lasting 13 or 14 innings this season, all since June 6, going 0-5. The As were blanked for five consecutive innings before breaking through in the 14th. Brandon Moss doubled with two out against Jacob Turner (2-6). Donaldson singled on the next pitch, and Moss barely beat the throw home from centre fielder Jake Marisnick. The RBI was Donaldsons team-high 60th this season. Jim Johnson (4-2) pitched 2 1-3 scoreless innings. The 4-hour, 47-minute game left plenty of time for oddities. Oaklands Coco Crisp scored from third on a strikeout, while teammate Jed Lowrie hit into a 5-6-3 double play. The Athletics Yoenis Cespedes was out when he rose after a slide on a steal attempt, lifted his foot off second base and was tagged. Both teams ran out of healthy position players. Tommy Milone, scheduled to pitch for Oakland on Sunday, flied out when he pinch hit in the 12th. Moss and Alberto Callaspo had two RBIs apiece for the Athletics, who scored four times in the first inning against Nathan Eovaldi. But Miami rallied for a 5-4 lead. The As also squandered a 4-0 lead in their 9-5 win Friday. DeMario Davis Jersey. Athletics right fielder Josh Reddick left the game in the fourth inning with a strained right knee, and is day to day. Crisps alert baserunning helped the As score in the fifth to make it 5-all. He was at third with one out when Moss struck out and the ball rolled away from Saltalamacchia. When Saltalamacchia threw to first for the out, Crisp sprinted home and easily beat the return throw with a headfirst slide. Sonny Gray couldnt protect Oaklands early lead. He pitched five innings and tied a season high with five runs allowed, leaving him with an ERA of 5.50 over his past six starts. The Athletics vaunted rotation has an ERA of 6.14 over the past 11 games. Miami trailed 6-5 when Giancarlo Stanton doubled with one out in the ninth, ending closer Doolittles streak of 24 consecutive batters retired. On the next pitch, Casey McGehee hit a game-tying single, snapping Doolittles streak of scoreless innings. Doolittle blew a save for the second time in 13 chances. NOTES: As C Derek Norris, who left Fridays game due to tightness in his back, did not play and did not take part in pregame drills. Its uncertain whether hell be available Sunday. ... Marlins LF Christian Yelich is expected to be activated Sunday and rejoin the starting lineup after missing two weeks with a back injury. Miami is 31-26 when he bats leadoff and 8-16 when he doesnt. . Marlins RHP Anthony DeSclafani, who left Fridays game with a bruised right forearm, is expected to make his next start as scheduled. . Before the game, Miami recalled RHP Sam Dyson from Triple-A New Orleans. ... LHP Milone (5-3, 3.89) tries to win his sixth consecutive decision Sunday when he faces the Marlins and LHP Andrew Heaney (0-2, 4.91). Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    tupperware -> gadgets Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: