FAQ  |  Zoeken  |  Gebruikerslijst  |  Gebruikersgroepen  |  Profiel header
header header
header header header header header header header
With the significant gap in playoff experience, it was under

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    tupperware -> I. microgolf/oven
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 23-02-2019 06:35:42    Onderwerp: With the significant gap in playoff experience, it was under Reageren met citaat

With the significant gap in playoff experience, it was understandable and even expected that the Raptors would be challenged to come out of the gate smoothly in their first round series with the Nets. New Balance Sneakers Discount . Second-year centre Jonas Valanciunas was among the post-season rookies that had an inconsistent start, posting 17 points and 18 rebounds, but also committing six turnovers, while being a team-worst -17 in on-court point differential. Valanciunas joined TSN 1050 on Monday to discuss Torontos uneven opener and what the team needs to focus on in Game 2 to get things turned around. Valanciunas: Defence the focus heading into Game 2 New Balance Cheap Shoes . Cox started the season with San Francisco, but was released by the team on Nov. 12 before being signed by Seattle, where he appeared in two games and tallied three tackles before being released on Dec. New Balance Running Shoes Discount . "I never commented to anyone that I wanted out," he explained. "My heart is with this group and making the playoffs." Kesler added that the rumours are "completely false" that he asked to be traded - recently or ever. http://www.newbalancediscount.com/ . The international synchronized skating competition takes place from January 31 - February 1, 2014, and features 39 teams from 10 countries, in senior, junior, and novice.TORONTO – This was what Jonathan Bernier wanted all along. This is what he pined for as the backup in Los Angeles, stuck for years in the shadow of Jonathan Quick. And yet now that hes finally gripped hold of his first No. 1 job in the NHL, the 25-year-old knows that satisfaction is far from being attained. "Things can change," he said, mindfully. "You can be a No. 1 for 10 years and then next day, youre a backup. My goal is not to be a No.1 for a year or half a season, I want to be a good goalie for a long time, hopefully." Just 33 starts into that quest – by far the most of his NHL career – Bernier is off to a fine beginning. Starting for the 13th time in the past 17 games against the Lightning on Tuesday night, Bernier stopped 40 shots, including one of game-saving proportions on Martin St. Louis in the final moments. It was the kind of load-bearing performance that has become more norm than exception for Bernier, who is tied for sixth in the NHL in save percentage and fourth in even-strength save percentage among goaltenders with at least 20 starts. "When I got traded, I knew that was my chance to prove what I can do in this league," said Bernier, who is 5-1-0 in his last six starts. "My main focus was always to be a No. 1 guy and Ive still got a lot to learn, but I think Im moving towards that." He and James Reimer traded starts until mid-December before the crease eventually tilted in favour of the Laval, Quebec native. His performance month-to-month has rarely wavered – .933 save percentage in October, .923 in November, .932 in December and .915 so far in January. "I knnew Randy, the type of coach he was," said Bernier of head coach Randy Carlyle, "I knew I had to really battle to earn [the job] which is the good way. New Balance Shoes Cheap Online. You dont want anything for free in life. [But] I didnt really focus on how many games I was playing, I think I was just focusing on getting better every day and every game and it just worked out that I started playing good and he kept me in." Maybe most notable in his year-long efforts has been his ability to withstand a nightly barrage of shots and chances, a far cry from the Kings, who were a constant amongst the NHLs best defensive teams. In fact, Bernier is facing 11 more shots per start this season with the Leafs (35) than a year ago in Los Angeles. He sits a sparkling 7-1-2 when challenged with 40 shots or more. "I think we can still improve as a team," he said honestly of the groups performance. "[Were] still giving up a lot of scoring chances, especially I thought last game wasnt our best one, but were coming out with wins. I think if we want to be successful in the playoffs – Ive been through that – youve really got to bear down defensively and be a good defensive team." Though the goalie competition has gradually evolved into a one-man job, Bernier understands that he is a long ways from proven as a No. 1 starter in this league. But he also carries a certain degree of pride and quiet confidence knowing that hes accomplished what he set out to do upon landing in Toronto. "Its not like I said yesterday I made it, Im a No. 1, I think youre just going day by day," he said. "Obviously, Im happy the way things turned out." ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    tupperware -> I. microgolf/oven Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: