FAQ  |  Zoeken  |  Gebruikerslijst  |  Gebruikersgroepen  |  Profiel header
header header
header header header header header header header
Monday marks the beginning of the end of the gold medal ques

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    tupperware -> F. voor de kinderen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 14-03-2019 09:27:37    Onderwerp: Monday marks the beginning of the end of the gold medal ques Reageren met citaat

Monday marks the beginning of the end of the gold medal quest for the Canadian mens and womens curling teams. Cheap Sneakers Wholesale China . The rinks of Brad Jacobs and Jennifer Jones ran the gauntlet known as the Canadian curling trials, and emerged have in Sochi with the gold-medal expectations that follow every Canadian squad. The men take on Germany at 12 a.m. ET on Monday while the women face China at 5 a.m. For Jacobss Sault Ste. Marie, Ont. rink, they are tasked with completing a golden three-peat in mens curling. Meanwhile, Jones and her Winnipeg foursome are looking for Canadas first gold medal in the womens event since the late Sandra Schmirler won in Nagano in 1998. We have several features to help get you up to speed on what awaits the maple leaf-clad curlers: *Mike Harris, CBC curling commentator and skip of the Canadian Olympic curling team in Nagano, outlines which skips stand in Canadas path here. *The CBCs Colleen Jones is on the ground in Sochi and describes the mindset of both skips here. *Get to know the two Canadian teams and some interesting facts about each member in our photogallery here. *A camera crew caught up with Jacobs in his hometown for an installment of "My Team, My Town," which you can watch here. *For those of you that wonder what in the world curlers are yelling to one another, we have a handy glossary of curling terms in our Sochi Cheat Sheet right here. *And you can find the standings and full schedule of action for the womens teams right here, and the mens teams here. Cheap Sneakers Online China . The football club recently announced an increase in season ticket prices in five of the seven categories at Investors Group Field for 2014. While most increases are in the two to three per cent range, the clubs most affordable season tickets will jump from $199 to $250 — a 26 per cent leap. Cheap Sneakers China Free Shipping . Coetzees finish, with six birdies and no bogeys, took him to 19-under 268 overall and past South African compatriots Thomas Aiken and Justin Walters, the overnight co-leaders. Coetzee was flawless on the East Course at Royal Johannesburg and Kensington Golf Club to clinch his maiden title after 24 top 10 finishes. http://www.sneakerscheap.net/ . The team said they will announce a corresponding roster move prior to their series opener on Tuesday night in Kansas City. BOCA RATON, Fla. -- NHL general managers spent the first day of their three-day meetings discussing overtime and shootouts, expanded video reviews and goalie interference. The opening session Monday featured three breakout groups of 10 general managers, with each group assigned particular topics. There appears to be some concern that too many games are being decided in shootouts instead of during the flow of play. Of the 135 of 963 games played through last Saturday, 14 per cent were decided in a shootout. And 40 per cent that went to overtime were decided in a shootout. Among the suggested changes being discussed are a 3-on-3 element instead of four skaters apiece in the extra 5-minute session; extending the overtime; or requiring teams to switch ends of the ice, creating a longer change on line changes. But there doesnt seem to be a strong consensus toward any particular direction -- or even if overtime needs to be changed. Colin Campbell, the NHL executive vice-president and director of hockey operations, viewed the overtime issue as both an official and a hockey fan. "I think what the challenge is to maybe not have as many shootouts," Campbell said. "A lot of people in the game would rather see the game decided (not) in a skills contest. "I would, too, but Im the last one to leave the room when theyre doing the shootout. I like watching to see whats going to happen. So Im kind of torn in thatt direction. Cheap Sneakers Website. " The discussion of expanded video review seems weighted on when to start reviewing the tape and how much time a review takes. "I will say there wasnt a lot of consensus on the criteria," said Craig MacTavish, Edmontons general manager. "Theres a lot that goes into it when youre trying to evaluate the specific criteria, like how long from the incident are you going to reel it back? "There was no resolution in our group in terms of making many changes to video review." The increase in activity around the net has also led to an interest in goalie interference at this weeks meetings. "Theres so much play around the net now, the way our game is now with everybody collapsing and boxing out and blocking shots," said Bryan Murray, Ottawas GM. "All the plays now that are goals, in most cases, theres some kind of foot in the crease. Im not interested in that. But if the goaltender is not allowed to make a play on the shot, then we should we get the call as correct as we can." Also on the agenda is kicked-in goals. "I think there is an appetite to have directed goals be allowed," said Tim Murray, Buffalos general manager. "I know it says distinct kicking motion, but (with) a blatant lift-your-foot-off-the-ice kick type of thing not allowed." On Tuesday, members of the breakout groups will report to the whole meeting. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    tupperware -> F. voor de kinderen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: